SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_greenjeans

Hope I Got The Right Place

organic_greenjeans
12 years ago

Hello gardening friends & fellow seed hoarders/sharers!

Although I joined the forum awhile back, I think in '07, I've only recently become active. I've made several posts about various things, but after posting about seeds I had to share & getting zero responses, I thought maybe I should introduce myself!

First, I went through & read special forum instructions & just generally started finding my way around. I don't think I did my seed post right, but I'm a little confused about the instuctions, chemocurl's post highlighting them with bold type.

Please let me know if I've got this right, because I'd like to be part of this! So, I cannot ASK for seeds(for postage) without offering something as a trade, but I can OFFER seeds for postage without a trade item offered. Yes? Do I have this right?!

If not, I hope someone will kindly straighten me out! I've had several strokes which have left me a bit addle brained & at times making comprehension a challenge!

I'm a retired nursery professional, 21 yrs. worth! First memory of my grandmother was literally at her knee in her gardens, where she gave me a small trowel & put me to work in the 'Tawny'daylily bed (of concrete hard dirt-looking back I wouldn't even call it soil!)next to the neighbor's garage where I could do no damage! And likely kept out of her way!

The last few years of my life have unfolded like Murphy's Law on steroids. Multiple close family deaths, home destroyed by fire, & finally some health issues.

But I'm finally settled again where I can have gardens. My grandma used to wintersow, now that's been many decades ago mind you, but I still ended up starting indoors under lights. Go figure!

Until now that is. About a month or so ago I started thinking about how I was going to get garden babies going this year. My starting set up is in the basement & that just wasnt going to work! I thought of the GardenWeb site & started reading, thinking I'd find some ideas, when Voila! I find this forum!

So here I am, with so far 8 containers wintersown, more to come for tender annuals & vegies. To those of you who've taken the time to read all this (my goodness I have gone on haven't I) & to those who haven't but have posted your experiences with W/Sing, both long-timers & new, I would like to thank you with all my heart. You've helped me be able to keep doing something I love very much!

Having lost all my seed in the fire, I've only got a couple shoebox sized storage containers partially filled back up! I'm hoping to be able to join in here on your ex changes to remedy this & soon to have some more to offer as well. I'll start a list today (didn't know about that) & if I can find some pictures of older gardens will post as soon as I figure out how!

Except when it comes to hostas, ferns & the like, I'm not a shady character, so I'm looking forward to becoming part, even if only small, of this great thing you have going on here!

Happy Sowing & Growing!

GreenJeans

aka GJ or Jean!

Comments (9)

Sponsored