SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chinacat_gw

Dying Leaves and White growths

chinacat
16 years ago

My an Ex and I split about 10 months ago, and we had several plants. I wound up with an Aloe plant, and the strongest African Violet with the biggest blooms. It was also our first plant. Well Its dying. I have had it facing the right direction all summer, and always watered it from the bottom. However, the bottom leaves were slowing shriveling and dying. I would generally pinch them off from the original point of decay, but it never stopped.

I repotted it over the summer, and the death of the bottom leaves slowed down but never stoped. The only thing repotting did was allow some more leafs to growth from the top.

I moved about a month ago, and do not have access to the right window, but I keep it in indirect light. However, it has developed little white growths on it. I pick them off, but they just grow exponentially. I'm worried I don't want this to die. I have attached pictures, and I hope someone has some advice for me.

{{gwi:376922}}
white growth on leaf.

{{gwi:376923}}
growth on trunk, sorry about blur. Also, a lot of bottom leaves have died, it wasn't always this far out of the soil.

{{gwi:376927}}
Leaves that have died since late last week. *Note I do not water from the top, I water from the bottom of the pot.

Comments (7)