SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mklinck_gw

Thunbergia alata problem - white spots on leaves/leaves dying

mklinck
10 years ago

I have been growing some T alata (Spanish Eyes) from seed, put them under lights, hardened them off, and finally transplanted some to the ground, and some to hanging baskets. The baskets are actually being taken care of by my mother at the moment (sigh), and she reports that several days ago (shortly after putting in the baskets), she noticed tiny white spots on the leaves, and then the spots turned yellow and the leaves began to shrivel. The plants are still very small. I had planted them 3 to a basket, with potting soil enriched for flowering plants, and had put a little bamboo tripod in each basket, for them to climb on (they aren't climbing, yet). Help! Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be happening, and what to do? From what I had read about them, whiteflies, spider mites, and "scales" are the most common problems. My mother apparently sprayed them with a fungicide/pesticide when she first noticed this, and then thought maybe the spray had hurt them. The baskets are supposed to be for my wedding a bit later in the summer, and I have been nursing the plants tenderly for weeks! :(

Thanks for any and all help. I am trying to get a photo to post.

Mary

Comment (1)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County