SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimk57_gw

Picture in AV book misidentified, I think

KimK57
18 years ago

I'm relatively new to African violets, We've had two as houseplants for a while but I never really got into them as a group until recently. My husbands's plant started growly lopsided so I checked out a book from the library and discovered it had grown more crowns so I performed my first division. I now have three babies plus the original, all are doing fine (now that I have removed the extra soil that I nearly buried the crowns under!).

But in looking through the book I saw lovely pictures of varieties I had never heard of or seen before. I now must have a trailing one. The one pictured is gorgeous but after doing a search for it on the web I think they messed up the caption. The book is "African Violets: The complete guide" by Joan Hill and Gwen Goodship. On the last page of pictures at the top is a beautiful double pink on long wiry stems, each stem having several flowers held at the end. The leaves appear to be pale green with the reverse also being green. The caption reads: 'Dancin' Trail'. Double, star; pointed, red-backed; semi-miniature trailer. (Sorano, USA)

But when I looked up Dancin Trail on the web I find descriptions of red flowers and in the picture they are pink, the backs of the leaves do not look red or purple as they are described elsewhere and the leaves are pale not dark glossy green. So unless the picture had some real photography issues I have no idea which AV this is and I really want it.

So, any ideas of how to find out what the name of this plant this is?

Comments (8)