SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_in_new_orleans

Chelated Iron question

I was distracted this spring and didn't fertilize my roses on time after that first spring flush. Then they sat for weeks without seeming to grow or bloom at all. We were in a drought at the time,though I did water them daily. When they finally started to come around, most of the blooms were small and the leaves generally pale and yellowish. I went and bought a bag of chelated iron,which I had never used before, followed the dosing instructions, and that seemed to help. As they grew the new growth was no longer yellow. That was in May. Nowhere on the packaging does it say to treat a certain number of times per year, nor at certain times, nor just when signs of iron defficiency appear. Should I treat this like epsom salt and dose them 2 or 3 times through the growing season, or just what?

Thanks.

Oh, I guess I'll add that I just fed them Rose Tone a week ago, but I didn't see any indication of iron in the ingredients. Anyone know about that? Should I figure those two different soil amendment completely separately, or do they effect each other?

Mike

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH