SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anewgarden

So I sowed! I did it! First Time Winter Sower

anewgarden
15 years ago

It is a lovely day here in Brooklyn New York, so it was really nice to set foot in the garden, even if only for a few moments to set my containers out. It was sweet to be face to face with a downy woodpercker too, instead of watching him from inside! I went slipping across the ice several times, but didn't fall. Got my composting where it belongs while I was out there too.

I used some milk containers, some zip lock bags, and a few take-out Chinese containers. I put slashes in the tops and bottoms of all containers, I pinned the zip lock bags open , and made sure everything was watered and drained before putting them out.

I haven't gotten a shipment of Spring seeds yet, so I found some from last year that were on Paula's list and I threw in some I thought I'd take a chance on.

Cardinal Flower (this hasn't worked for me the refrigerator way, so I am very hopeful it will this way)

Hollyhock

Love Lies Bleeding

Basil( I know that is risky)

Lettuces

Marigolds

Don't remember what else

Can't believe any of them will ever sprout and grow! If they do I'll be a die- hard convert to winter sowing all right!

THANKS for all your advice everyone!!

Is there anything I should re-do?

Audrey

Comments (16)

Sponsored