SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hotzona_2007

My AV Minagerie

hotzona_2007
13 years ago

I have been reading and learning here for probably a couple weeks now, and thought it was time for me to join in the forum fun. :-)

I have one older African Violet that I have had for quite a while. I don't even remember where or when I got her. lol Did not come with a tag or description. She blooms purple, nothing fancy. Just recently rejuvenated her, and didn't kill her. lol I also have one of her babies that I started from a leaf cutting about a year ago. The Mama has bloomed some, but the baby not at all. Hopefully with the repotting/rejuvination, and more light, they both will soon be blooming. Found out the baby had a sucker, so removing that should help, also.

Mama this last July

{{gwi:373020}}

Mama After Rejuvination

{{gwi:373021}}

Baby of Unknown African Violet

{{gwi:373022}}

I started reading on AVSA, and found out that there was going to be a Sales and display event near me this last weekend, so took my Mom to check it out. Had never been to one of these, or any other African Violet event before.

Ended up buying a Fisherman's Paradise, and my mom bought a Cherry Sparkles. Mine is just a baby, born this last June, and hers was blooming, and already in a 4" pot. Both are the Large size. Weird lol, because when I went, I had my mind set on a miniature or semiminiature, but there really wasn't any nice ones.

Fisherman's Paradise From the Top

{{gwi:373023}}

Cherry Sprinkles

{{gwi:373024}}

Have also started a leaf of my Fisherman's Paradise in case something goes wrong. hehe My mom so far is not interested in me starting a leaf of the Cherry Sparkles, so I have to respect her wishes.

So that's my minagerie. The Cherry Sparkles flower is so beautiful that my photos really don't do her justice. Weird thing is, too, that I can't find her anywhere online. Wonder why.....

Comments (4)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor