SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fluffysquirrel66

Young Kousa Dogwood has never bloomed

fluffysquirrel66
10 years ago

Hi:) About 3 years ago, I purchased a Kousa Dogwood (Cornus Kousa) from Lowe's. It was very small when I got it;and now it's nearing 6 feet tall. The leaves are beautiful and full, but in these past few years, never a berry or flower. It is in a good location on the side of my house which receives part sun/shade which is what it should get according to the card that came with it--I always save these cards to refer to just in case. I am disappointed each year, thinking that this will be the year of pretty white flowers and berries. Instead; it's just a basic green leaf tree. There is no evidence of wood borers; trunk looks healthy; good drainage there and it's thriving nicely in and of itself. Not sure what else to do. Is there something I should add to the soil? I was using Miracle Gro Bloom Booster last year and was advised to discontinue that as it does nothing for this tree but encourage new leaf growth and no bracts. Did I get a defective tree? Thank you for all your input. I live in Southern NJ.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County