SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

Plunking & Running, or Planning & Placing?

mmqchdygg
15 years ago

As I was looking at the way Wendy2Shoes arranged her containers for final plant-out on another thread, and the gorgeous end result, I got to wondering how much planning you do when you're Plunking?

DO you have it all planned out ahead of time, or do you not invest much time in planning, and simply plunk as fast as you can with minimal thought to placement of plants?

Got pix?

I don't mind the way my gardens come out, but when I see a great 'plan,' I wonder if I'm just not that good at visualizing the final result, or if subconsciously I just don't care as long as it's pretty. (For the record, I don't think there is a way to make a flower garden 'ugly' no matter what the placement is, but I know that mine always are haphazard placements resulting in a cottage-y look rather than a well-planned landscape.)

I guess I liken my garden type to my painting type: If you were to give me a few buckets of paint to make a picture, I wouldn't think too long on "what" to paint, but I'd probably be asking you for a box fan so I could create one of those "jet engine" type looks.

So I plunk haphazardly with little thought, generally hoping I've at least got the height thing right.

That's my version...what's yours?

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus