SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buford_gw

Atlanta Botanical Gardens

14 years ago

Lately there have been a lot of posts about the ABG. They have a rose garden that has roses meant for the south and they also use an organic approach to disease management. I went there today and to see the rose garden and took some pics. Please excuse the lousy photography. It was very sunny and it was hard to get close to some of the roses. Plus I am the worlds worst photographer. I tried to get the tag with the name of each rose after I took a pic of the rose itself. The roses start on the 2nd page of the album:

ABG Photos

My overall impression was that the teas and chinas looked fine, except for Mlle Franziska Kruger, which was mostly defoliated and looked leggy and twiggy. A few roses looked really bad. One Gallica and a moss rose. I didn't see any hybrid teas. The climbers were a bit sparse looking. ZD was almost defoliated and twiggy. Surprisingly they had a very healthy looking Dr Huey!!! Not many blooms anywhere.

While we were there, a young lady was fertilizing with liquid alfalfa and fish emulsion. As you can imagine in the heat of the day, it was quite pungent. That also unfortunately limited my time in the rose garden and getting too close to get good pics.

I did love the little beds that were outlined with boxwood. I wish I could do that, but I doubt I have the patience to keep them maintained.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz