SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deerefan67

Problem with new JD X500

deerefan67
16 years ago

I just got my new X500 on Sept. 17. I've mowed with it 5 times and only have 7.5 hours on it. Yesterday while mowing it just suddenly quit running. The JD tech was just here this morning. He changed the oil, oil filter and gas filter. Also found plastic shavings from the gas tank in the gas filter and line. He completely removed and cleaned out the tank and cleared the fuel line. We figured problem solved. So I took it for a quick test mow. I got two laps done around the yard and after 5 minutes it just quit again. The JD tech said John Deere has a D tack case out there showing either a problem with the solenoid or the electronic module right under the dash. It acts as though it's starved for gas. Also the tech noticed when he turned the key over to start the engine it was intermitently not getting the clicking on the solenoid. I'm wondering if any other X500 owners have been getting this problem. Also, I'm in the 30 day free look period and considering my last tractor an L120 was a lemon and I just paid $5,000 for this new one I have no patience with having another problem mower. My question is do you think I should try to let them fix this tractor or just insist that they give me a completely new one.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions