SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

Toro 12-32 Xl Wheelhorse question

andrelaplume2
16 years ago

Its seven years old. Each year I shapen the blade, change plug, filters oil, clean the deck, add air to the tires etc. etc. I have never messed with or adjusted the belts though.

I went to engage the blade by lifting the control bar and....NOTHING. I looked below and it looks like the thing starts to sping (it quickly stops because I am not sitting on it - saftey feature). I see a little bar thing move over to engage the belt and the belt is not broken. I stopped in the shop where I bought it and the dude says belts on toros can go 10 + years and maybe its just a spring. Trouble is it will cost me $95+ to find out and another $50 for belts - which I might as well have replaced if I bring the sucker in.

I know they are honest there but I really hate to spend $95 + just to find out its a spring....plus I may not get it back for a while and the leaves are starting to fall!

Anyone have any experience with this model. Where should I look for this spring? Must I remove the mower to replace it---this looks complex based on the maunual (which does not show the spring)

Any ideas, things I should look for / try...

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living