SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jimtnc

Anyone have a late model Craftsman LT2000?

jimtnc
15 years ago

I bought this one new a couple of months ago, and have had a few times where it will try to stall and quit while cutting the lawn, then recover and go on (I'm sitting fairly straight in the seat with no tilt). It happened again yesterday (doesn't happen but once in a while) on a flat yard, then again in the back with a slight upward grade, and once again it recovered and continued on cutting. My first thought was junk in the fuel line, but a check of the fuel line didn't tell me much. There could be something in the gas, I suppose (it's fresh gas).

Have had the tech out couple of times, but they just tell me to write it down so they can duplicate the situation. Well, that's okay by me, but it seems to me that sometimes that can't always be done. The last time they came out he drained the fuel in the line and that was it. I had a Murray, and I still have a GT5K that this problem never surfaced, so it seems that I have something going on here that the tech should have found (I do the regular maintenance but I'm not that handy with engines, etc). Any ideas?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm
More Discussions