SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thombert_nw

Riding mower / garden tractor needed

thombert
11 years ago

We just moved onto 6 acres containing .5 acres lush lawn and 3.5 acres of medow or pasture. The lawn was installed on a deep bed of topsoil so is soft -- feels wonderful to walk on. The pasture or meadow area is rough with small ruts and some hills -- maybe 20 feet total elevation gain. Previous owner used a John Deere L100 with bagger. Medow areas were mowed once every 4 to 6 weeks to keep fire danger down. He used several options for that; hired someone with a tow-behind brush hog or hired a kid to spend 2 or 3 days with a walk-behind brush hog. We want to plant some gardens on some of the pasture area and would rather do our own mowing. Looking for one tractor that can mow and drop the deck to pull a brush hog and a small tiller or plow. May need to attach a blade for snow or leveling beds. Problem would be weight. Too large a tractor might leave ruts in the lawn. Am I looking for two machines or is there something that would do the jobs I foresee?

Thanks for your consideration. I am new to this forum so if this has been covered just let me know and I will do some searching. Key words or phrases would help.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions