SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drivebytrucker

Echinacea pics - good and bad

drivebytrucker
14 years ago

Thought I'd share some Echinacea pics since it seems to be pretty popular here, as well as with myself.

{{gwi:257259}}

I found this one growing in my large backyard garden, I'm assuming it's a cross between a regular one and a white-flowered one, because that's all that's growing in the area and I didn't plant any new variety in the particular area either. Hard to tell from the pic, but it's almost a bi-color, faint pink fading to white tips. They're still fresh, so it'll be interesting to see what color they fade to.

{{gwi:257260}}

This is a pic of the same plant, with a possible parent in front of it, which is half its size.

{{gwi:257261}}

This is supposed to be Mango Meadowbrite, but doesn't look all that great to me, although it's not quite fully open yet. Looks like it'll be plagued with the quilled petal syndrome. It's in it's second year, purchased from High Country gardens.

{{gwi:257262}}

This is the "petal-less echinacea" that was discussed in a previous thread. The petals ended up as just a ring of fluted, minute petals. Still looks pretty cool, if you ask me. Interestingly, at the far right is a bud from the same plant that looks like it'll have normal petals. What's up with that? Be interesting to see how all the flowers look over the rest of summer.

{{gwi:257263}}

This is one of the newer varieties, planted last year. Being the lazy SOB that I am, I have no idea which one it is. They start out kind of orangish-pink, but fade to a paler pink color. I like the dark stems on it.

{{gwi:257264}}

I bought this one on sale this year, dirt cheap, because it was nearly dead. It looks a lot better than it did, but still doesn't look that great. Hopefully it rebounds next year. I believe it is Sunrise.

{{gwi:257265}}

This was bought with the previous one, dirt cheap and near death. Doing a little better, but also not the greatest. It was either Sundown or Sunset, with my memory leaning towards Sundown.

{{gwi:257266}}

This is just a shot of one of our small gardens in the front yard, by far the best patch of land on our property. It has a few open spots where deer or rabbits claimed some perennials. I just love that Helenium mardi gras. It's amazing the array of colors those flowers are at any given time.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus