SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wieslaw59

July in my garden in pictures

wieslaw59
11 years ago

The first really warm day today after a very cold and rainy June. July is the second biggest month here for blooming plants , only behind August.

Irises are blooming with their last flowers now.

The landscape is still dominated by blue colour of Delphiniums.

Thalictrum flavum glaucum. I've kept only 2 from the whole packet of seeds(the best standing ones among those with the bluest foliage):

{{gwi:256580}}

{{gwi:256581}}

Lilium martagon. One of my favourites, because it grows well both in sun and in shade. I let them seed where they want:

{{gwi:256582}}

{{gwi:256583}}

Thalictrum polygamum from North America:

{{gwi:256584}}

Potentilla Emilie. If you , like I, can't grow gaillardias, it can be a substitute for it as far as the colours are concerned.Big flowers, 5 cm in diameter

{{gwi:256585}}

Iris Smiling Angel, last flower open.

{{gwi:256586}}

Years ago there was an 'achillea rage' here in Europe. I bought them all, all but one are gone. But one of them(who?) has left 3 seedlings behind itself. All three 100 times better than the bought ones: non-flopping , non-running and growing!. Here is the first one:

{{gwi:256587}}

{{gwi:256589}}

Here was a place where the giant spruce was growing. Only a very few plants survived here, among others a delphinium seedling who has been growing for 7 years among the roots of the spruce. Really impressed me.Hosta Blue Angel changed color from blue to gray in the sun.

{{gwi:256590}}

{{gwi:256591}}

Geranium pratense Violaceum Plenum. The best of the old doubles, extremely easy to grow. Needs to be cut down after the blooming to get rid of the mildewed leaves(this year mildew free so far).

{{gwi:256592}}

Campanula latifolia, can grow both in sun and in shade. Subject to rust, but not each year. Goes early into dormancy in very dry summers.

{{gwi:256594}}

{{gwi:256595}}

{{gwi:256598}}

Erigeron, but which one?

{{gwi:256599}}

Aruncus Horatio. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

{{gwi:256600}}

Phlomis tuberosa Amazone:

{{gwi:256601}}

The first tall bright yellow plant: Heliopsis helianthoides.

{{gwi:256602}}

More pictures to follow.

Comments (45)