SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loys_gw

John Deere 425 Please Help

loys
14 years ago

Ive got a problem. My mower ran hot and my wife shut it off asap. When i checked the radiatorit was low , So i filled it with water and she ran it for a while and it was hot again and i found fluid low again so i filled it and let it cool started the mower and it ran rough and blue smoke was coming from the muffler so i shut it off and checked the oil and it looked like gray mud.. It also had water on the dip stick so i drained the oil and water and the radiator and im going to put new oil in and change the oil filter and just see if it will run and if it starts i will shut it off right away. Does this mean i have a blown head gasket or cracked head ?? Thank You Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: John Deere 425 Please Help clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

PrintPage

Posted by loys (My Page) on Sat, Sep 5, 09 at 18:35

Ive got a problem. My mower ran hot and my wife shut it off asap. When i checked the radiatorit was low , So i filled it with water and she ran it for a while and it was hot again and i found fluid low again so i filled it and let it cool started the mower and it ran rough and blue smoke was coming from the muffler so i shut it off and checked the oil and it looked like gray mud.. It also had water on the dip stick so i drained the oil and water and the radiator and im going to put new oil in and change the oil filter and just see if it will run and if it starts i will shut it off right away. Does this mean i have a blown head gasket or cracked head ?? Thank You Mark

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: John Deere 425 clip this post email this post what is this?

see most clipped and recent clippings

PrintPage

Posted by loys (My Page) on Sat, Sep 5, 09 at 19:38

I changed the oil 4 times and got all the water out, and it seems to run ok. I just let it run long enough to get the oil warmed up and then shut it off because i dont have any water in the radiator. whats the next step ? Head Gasket ??

Post a Follow-Up

Comments (14)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions