SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucretia1_gw

This year's additions to the 'favorites' list

lucretia1
14 years ago

Since things are blooming, it's time to check how the roses ordered in the last year are doing. Some of them are plodding along as expected for newbies, but a few really stand out as potential stars.

Lullaby, a polyantha, is moving up very high on the list of favorites. It's covered with wonderful creamy blooms that really do look kind of like small Mme Hardys--although cream colored, not that brilliant white. Celine Forestier has been in the ground a year and a half, and this is her first year to bloom. WOW! What a beauty. Covered with pale yellow blooms, and she smells great, too. Then there's Pink Gruss an Aachen--a band stuck in the ground in February, it's thrived while other bands are struggling, and just opened its first bloom. I didn't realize the blossoms would be HUGE. The first bloom is bigger than my fist--and remember, this is on a band.

If these roses keep up the way they've started, they'll end up near the top of my "favorites" list.

Other roses are doing ok, but for brand new or fairly young roses, these really stand out.

Any other superstars out there?

Comments (16)