SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

How long before planting if Roundup the whole thing?

mmqchdygg
16 years ago

I'm so frustrated I could spit.

Since it was mid-summer before any actual 'activity' got started at my Adopt-a-Spot, I waited til (now) to plant anything over there. Course, of the whole week of nice 65-70s temps, TODAY chooses to be 85-90. Another story.

So mid July I go up there, put down cardboard, spread 15 yards of grass clippings, 15 yards of loam, and we're ready to go! But it's mid-july. I better not go digging anything up & transplanting until the weather starts to change. Ok, TODAY IS THE DAY!

I fill my car with clumps & clumps of Iris, Gloriosa daisy, Sedum, Russian Sage, Shastas, and a few other oddities from my wintersown collection that hasn't made it out of the containers yet.

I bring 24 milk jugs in ream-paper boxes, and fill them with water (no lids) and drive carefully to the site...I put out my orange cone so no one runs over my car...I get out my shovel, set the G-Daisies on the ground, and donne my gloves...THEN I look up. Sonofa...CRAP!!!

Guess what transpired over the last month up there????

I started to weed, then got so sweaty, and frustrated that instead of spending the 2 hrs that I had planned, I packed it up after 30 minutes.

So...back to the original question. If I douce the whole thing with RU (1600 sq feet), how long before I can plant in it? I can't get a tiller in there, and don't own anything smaller than a 4100 JDeere.

Comments (30)