SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jtmacc99

Need advice on selling my Craftsman tractor.

jtmacc99
16 years ago

I have never sold a used lawnmower before, so I will welcome any advice on what I should do to sell my tractor as quickly as possible for a fair price.

It is a Craftsman LT 1000, with a 42" deck and a 16hp Kohler engine. It also has the rear bagger, which was a fairly expensive add-on and I hope has some value to the next owner. It has been used for 3 1/2 seasons, and as far as I know, requires nothing else but a routine oil change and a blade sharpening to be just like new.

I cleaned it up and took three nice pictures of it with the bagger attached. At this point, I'm not sure what to do next.

First, how do I figure out what a fair price would be?

Second, where do people in the market for a used tractor look to find one?

Third, how much should I expect to pay to advertise in whatever the answer to my second question is.

Fourth, would it make any sense to print out a few flyers and hang them up on public buletin boards like those I see in supermarket exits, or is that just a waste of time?

Thank you very much for your help. I'm all ready to get rid of this tractor, but I'm having a little trouble getting the process started.

John

Comments (9)

Sponsored