SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosefolly_gw

Looking for the right Cl Crimson Glory

rosefolly
14 years ago

I originally posted this on the Antique Roses Forum, then remembered that although Crimson Glory is an older rose, it is still a modern rose by ARS definition. For that reason, my post belongs here as much as anywhere.

Actually I already grow a Cl Crimson Glory. I've had it for several years. It is about 18" tall. I've tried it in two locations, several years in each spot. Beautiful flowers, decent foliage, regular flushes, but still only 18" tall.

Last month I had the pleasure of seeing in person Cl Crimson Glory at the home of Jon-of-Wessex. Glory is the right name for it. This rose covers the brick wall of his house and reaches for the second floor. Now I know he gardens in England and I grow my plants in California but there has to be more going on than just climate. Then I got it. His is grafted. Mine is own root. Many HTs do better grafted than on their own roots. I'm guessing that Cl Crimson Glory is one.

So, can anyone recommend a source of a good clone of Cl Crimson Glory grafted? Virus free preferred.

Rosefolly

Comments (11)