SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ponce418

PJPII...Even more beautiful than I expected.

ponce418
15 years ago

I was lucky enough to first see this rose bush (PJPII) at the Vatican Gardens. I instantly fell in love because white roses are my favorite flowers (along w/ daisies). I just had to have one. It was the most beautiful white rose I had ever, ever seen.

Hubbie found out that they came from Jackson & Perkins so he bought me one as a Xmas present this past year.

It arrived in the spring (bare root) and I admit that I was VERY nervous. I had never grown a hybrid tea before (I'm a newbie gardener). Sure, the one I had seen at the Vatican was amazing, but heck, that entire garden was amazing. I'm no seasoned gardener. I'm just figuring this stuff out. What if I kill it? That'll break my heart!

As the months progressed, things have gone quite well. I've followed the instructions that came w/ it to the letter. Since I don't use chemicals in my gardens, I even tracked down an organic 3-in-1 spray just in case of mildew or pests. And so far, so good. This one little rose bush has virtually been my baby since it arrived. And I've been soooo hopeful that I was doing right by it. (fingers crossed)

Well, folks two of the 5 buds finally bloomed yesterday! And they are BREATHTAKING! So pure white they practically glow in the dark. And the fragrance? Oh my goodness! Even better than I remembered!

I cut my first PJPII rose this morning and brought it into work in a bud vase. Everyone that's strolled by my cubicle has commented on the lovely scent wafting from my desk. And when they see the rose itself they're all in awe.

I'm like a proud mama over this wonderful little shrub. Yay, me! I successfully grew a hybrid tea! And I must say, I am in absolute LOVE. I could look at this beautiful rose all day.

Comments (8)