SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lastmanager

ID of Sedums please, part 1

lastmanager
14 years ago

Well I am trying out Picasa as per my post of best photohosting sites and trying to get a couple of sedum ID's, all in one fell swoop.

I recently decided to update my database of all my plants and it's been a few years since I've done that. I generally keep things fairly organized but a few plants have slipped through the cracks and I am not sure of their ID. By my records, I could tell you the names of lots of my plants that have died, but can't tell you for sure every one of the living ones. lol

So here is a of pic of one of my sedum planters. I think the 2 green ones are S. kamtschaticum and I don't know if I can realistically expect to get to a cultivar or not. The larger one is just starting to bloom yellow and I haven't had blooms on the little one yet.

{{gwi:253229}}

I assume the red one is a type of S. spurium, but I am open to suggestions. I haven't seen it bloom yet either.

The rosettes on the larger green Sedum are 2"-3" and the smaller one is 1"-2". The red sedum rosettes are only about 1/2 inch wide.

We'll see how this goes and then maybe I'll move onto the planter with the really tough ones.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville