SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dourobob

Price Drop Cub Cadet Zero Turn i Series

dourobob
16 years ago

Hi folks

I am still trying to research options and, of course, have been allover the place with what I want versus what I need versus what I can live with.

I am a rural homeowner with perhaps 3-4 acres and a mile or two of walking trails. The grass I cut is on fairly flat (but definately not urban smooth) land.

Have looked art what I fell are higher end machines like Exmark, Hustler, Toro, Bob Cat, Bad Boy but am finding it impossible to justify $6-7 K (once tax and delivery are included) to "JUST CUT THE GRASS".

On my last research trip I stopped at a dealer who handled Exmark, Grasshopper and Cub Cadet. They are also a long time International Farm Equipment dealer and folks I felt really comfortable doing business with.

The salesman suggested that sometimes it is too easy to "overbuy" - I am sure nobody on this site has ever done that - an perhaps I might want to take a look at the Cub Cadet.

He has been in the business a long time and felt that , in spite of a porr effort with this a few years ago, Cub got the Zero Turn tractor right this time and that it would meet my needs at a much more easily handled price point.

He quoted me a CC i1050 at $4200 Cdn ($4013 US) plus tax.

He also suggested that Cub had made a mistake in signing on with Ho*e D*pot this year and ignoring their smaller dealers of days gone by and that Ho*e D*pot had recently told Cub to take back all thier mowers 'cause they could not sell them. He suggested I check with HD on their best price and he was sure he could match it - and even if he couldn't I should buy at HD and he would be happy to provide service and warranty work.

Well, the H*me D*pot folks only have the samller i1046 and they have just dropped the price from $4200 Cdn ($4013 US) to $3500 Cdn ($3344 US).

They also have a 10% off your first purchase to a max of $300 if you apply for their credit card.

This would drop their price to $3200 Cdn ($3058 US).

One young associate also told me they were offering a $200 H*me D*epot Gift Card with the purchase of the unit.

Sounds like about 25% off list when all is said and done.

I know some folkshere are not big fans of the Cub Cadet i series but are their specific reasons I should or should not jump on this deal?

Thanks for any comments.

db

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider
More Discussions