SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Oil leak:

rustyj14
10 years ago

I rescued an old Simplicity Broadmoor lawn tractor, the owner dumped it off in my drivewaay, last summer-said do whatever ya want with it-I'm done with it!
So, i got it running, and driving, and mowing, and all was well--or so i thought. Shut it off after some mowing, and oil was running everywhere!
Now, a few years back, i sold the tractor to that guy, but he'd mow on the hottest day of the year, then complain it was heating up! Well---No kidding, sherlock! And, after trying to ventilate the engine compartment, instead of his head--i took drastic measures. I opened up the engine compartment, but he wasn't satisfied, and gave it back to me-no cash exchange!
Checked it today, and top and bottom crank-case seals are leaking, so, off to the mower store and get new seals, and put them in when i get the time! Wife in a care facility, comes home tomorrow--we're running out of money, so will take care of her at home. Social workers help a lot, Meals on Wheels keep us from starving,
Son and Grand-daughter also help a lot. Grand-son doesn't do much. Other son is in Coventry CT., operating a business, so i get the lions share of the work.
Guy's on each side of me want to buy this place, so maybe i can stay here until that last great day!
Cheers: Rusty Jones

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions