SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hummersteve

damping off and seed starting

hummersteve
17 years ago

Many of you Im sure already know of this , but I was put on to it thru another forum, but It works here. If you go to "byrons tea recipe" on this forum his recipe is there for preventing damping off and seed starting. The use of chamomile tea is said to help prevent damping off. I have rd the entire thread thru and it appears the chamomile tea does not prevent damping off , but creates a condition where the fungus doesnt want to grow. At the beginning of the article byron says any tea you have will work except instant, but he is mainly referring to the seed starting process. The fact being I happen to have green tea on hand and am using it as trial on some seeds I have. But Im going to have try the chamomile tea for trial purposes too. You may be thinking Im off topic but considering the damping off and the speeding up of germ.process, maybe not for in the thread people use it on their avs they say they love it. Beyond this if you dont know the benefits of drinking green tea yourself, you just might be blown away.

Here is a link that might be useful: green tea benefits

Comments (2)