SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noplantwiz

cyclamen mites???

noplantwiz
12 years ago

I am in a panic but have a couple questions and not sure which forum to ask on. First let me say I have alot of african violets I am concerned about. I recently bought home a cycalmen plant. It looked healthy and had alot of flowers and alot of buds on it. I had it sitting close to a window and then I noticed all the leaves and flowers had dropped over all of a sudden! I realized(??) it must have gotten to much sun so I watered it and moved it and they pepped back up. A week or so later I noticed it ahd done it again and it was still getting some direct sun so I still thought I had let it get to hot. But ths time some of of the leaves came back up but then they started wilting and softening off a litte above ground level and it kpet happening til they had all done it. Now I just read about these mites and that African violets get these mite and I have alot of violets. There are like 5 that were sitting on the same table/area with this cyclamen so I am in a panic to think it could be mites and be in all them as well. I don't know if the cyclamen was killed by me giving it to much sun to many times or something else but the whole plant wilted down at one time and it was in the sun so I was thinking that was it. But then when they beginning to wilt and get soft near the bottom I don't if it was from teh sun damage or what? So now what?? Any suggestions. I guess I need to know is this what happens when I cyclamen gets over sunned or not?? Also do these mites only come from a cyclamen so if you don't have one of those plants then you don't have to worry about them or are they just called that? Thanks for any help ?

Comments (4)