SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnycat_gw

One of my violets is not what I ordered. What to do?

bunnycat
16 years ago

I recently ordered King's Ransom, and now that the first bud has opened, it is clearly something else. I can't even find a look-alike on the seller's site. King's Ransom was at the top of my most-wanted list, so I am very disappointed.

They also gave me a Playful Spectrum, also in bud only, which has very little fantasy coloring. It is so washed out that it looks like something else, and certainly doesn't look like the picture on their website. Also, all but one of the leaves were an odd yellowy green-brown. I have no idea what caused this problem, since I didn't do it. So I don't know how to help this violet, other than to leave it alone and hope for the best.

On the hosta forum, there have been many discussions about some growers not culling plants which aren't "true." Most do. I think sellers should wait until at least one bud has opened to make sure a violet is what it should be. If I wanted "noids", I could pick them up at the grocery store for a lot less, and pick something that is attractive to my eye.

:o( Bunnycat :o(

~Bunnycat

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor