SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
didzgarden

Checking In, Saying Hi, and a Conversational Question

didzgarden
16 years ago

*Waves*

Its been ages since Ive been around the forums (again). Work has a funny way of making it near impossible to do your hobbies.

But Im here. With very few containers outside. Some Echinops (I love those odd little things) Sweet Willies (I love the hummingbirds they attract) and some Echinaeca. (Stick with what works)

My question.. or 'contemplation' if you will.

We finally got our garage renovation done. It took 3 and a half years.. (my husbands family is in construction, so we were always the last to get any work done) and now I can finally start planning my garden without having to worry about big burly guys tramping all over it.

Hubby boy would like to have a 'Garage Warming Party' in the middle to late June, to celebrate the constructions 'doneness'. Id like to have a bit of a garden to show off, at said party.

What Id love to hear, are your top 5 'presenters' in your wintersowing experiences. For two reasons. To spark the 'gardening bug' in me.. and to help me fill up all the sad little spaces I currently have. I realise W.S. is not going to save the day. Annuals bought cheap, and lots of mulch will work as a presentable filler. But the jump on the foundations would be nice as well.

So, grab a tea.. or whatever choice drink you have in mind, and if you have the time, commiserate. Its January.. one of the worst months for gardeners around here.

Or at least it was until we discovered Wintersowing!

Didz

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert