SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elphaba_gw

regular ucg pickup arrangement with starbucks!! thanks starbucks!

elphaba_gw
16 years ago

I am so thrilled. I have managed to arrange an informal UCG (used coffee grounds) pickup from a Starbucks on a regular basis. I know many others already know they can do this but I am very grateful and just wanted to mention again how wonderful Starbucks is to offer this.

The employees at the one near my house couldn't be nicer. And this is in a very "hip" urban neighborhood and I am fat and poor and old looking compared to their customers (LOL) so I am even more amazed that they don't try to make me feel invisible as I do going anywhere else in this neighborhood.

Two of the employees now recognize me and told me when the best time to come was. They say hello (and don't avoid eye contact, LOL) and offer to help to carry to my car (but I don't take them up on it). I get a huge double kitchen trash bag full every day that includes the filters. I told them not to bother with the special wrap. It's only 5 minutes from my house so I don't have to use much gas to get there.

And also want to add that not all Starbucks are so helpful. I tried one in a suburban neighborhood that I frequent and they just flat refused, said they didn't save the UCG because they were such a small shop. I just asked for their trash can full that wasn't emptied yet but wasn't able to persuade them. (Maybe it was because I was too old, fat and ugly, LOL!)

The suburban neighborhood is known to be politically conservative. Nothing wrong with that but I think it is ironic how some conservatives don't think about "conserving" the earth.

So if you have a problem with one store, just try another one. I felt very uncomfortable at first. I'm glad I asked despite my discomfort. Bottom line - I am very grateful for the arrangements I've made.

To everyone, if you have an opportunity and are so inclined, buy a cup at Starbucks!

Comments (7)