SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rcmoser

LX266 engine swap a success

rcmoser
15 years ago

almost a direct bolt in. I used 17.5 CV460S-27509 cost new 395 including shipping. Most sits say no 16HP engine (model 26511) available. I would think you could do the same if you have an obsolete dead KAW course may encounter more problem areas like muffler???.

rework areas I had to do to get it to fit.

- engine mt bolt holes bigger 7/16 vs 3/8 on old eng. used 7/16 by 14 by 1" long. Drilled out frame mount bolt holes and tapped treads in engine mounting holes due to none in new engine. I figure they use self tapping mount bolt from the factory.

-muffler was a direct bolt in.

-fuel line hooked up with little problems

-used old starter was a direct bolt in and hook-up

-PTO/pulley was a direct hook-up

-wiring---only had to splice two wires coil and fuel shut-off switch, rest I was able to diconnect and reconnect into orginal engine quick dissconnect

Overall not too bad once you verify and evualuate each system, take notes, pictures, and take you time. Too about 6 hours overall to complete engine swap.

Purrs like a kitten, I'm happy now have 800 bucks in it and it should last a very long time with 319 hours on the clock. Just a overview in case anybody else is thing about putting a new engine in. Rc

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions