SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seedmama

What to do when you are finished.

seedmama
15 years ago

I'm noticing a lot of members saying they are finished sowing. Wow and congratulations! I'm still in first gear.

If you have the itchies, may I suggest making the plant markers you intend to use when you plant out? Last year, as a passenger on a long car trip I did exactly that. It made the plant out go much faster.

At the top of the marker I put the number that corresponded to the jug number. In addition to the name I put height, spacing and color. I also put P or A to indicate perennial or annual. I bundled them in numerical order so they were easy to find, no matter which number jug I was planting.

Not knowing exactly how or where I was going to plant them, but know I would plant in odd numbered drifts, I made 1 tag for every 5 plants or hunks I anticipated having. Sometimes it wasn't enough, sometimes it was too many. Either way it was a tremendous time saver at plant out.

Yes, it was time consuming, but hey I was in the car. I hope I get a similar chance this year. If I had to prioritize I would do perennials first, to ensure the markers would be there for next year. If I weren't able to mark annuals, it wouldn't be as big a deal.

Okay, honestly, history says those who say they are finished this time of year really aren't. There are still unplanted seeds in the world. But chime in...

What will you do when you are finished?

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH