SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cammonro

Under seige... #@$% Deer!!

cammonro
14 years ago

I can't even believe it. After over 2 crappy weeks of soggy blooms pummeled by endless rain we get one gorgeous day and somehow against all odds my David Austins that still had buds just started opening up and still managed to look beautiful.

Last night deer just mowed down 18 of my David Austin rose bushes. They attacked the roses in my front yard and now my back. An entire row of roses stripped! And I had JUST sprayed EVERYTHING with Bobbex. A lot of good that did; not to mention it stinks to high heaven.

When do they come? I had just checked my roses at midnight and everything seemed fine. Nothing else was touched. My hosta, lillies, chelone all of which they supposedly love are completely in tact. Only my David Austin roses. I am so angry, I want to buy a shotgun but I live in a suburb.

This is the third nightly attack. I have one last row of Austins and I'm afraid tonight they are going to be gone. I'd stay up all night but I have to work tomorrow. This year was my first real foray into seriously growing roses. I am so disgusted. Between the weather and now the wildlife all my hard work has been destroyed.

Comments (12)