SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Kohler Engine-no start. Twin cylinder.

rustyj14
11 years ago

A have here a large Craftsman Garden tractor. No start is the problem. Well, i took off the flywheel cover, and found one of the ignition coils laying on the side of the cylinder, and the bolts missing. The magnets had some rust, but sandable. I cleaned the magnets, and bolted the coil in place. After i got the fly housing back on, i sat on the seat, pushed in the brake/clutch pedal, set the choke and throttle, and it started. I drove it around for 15 minutes, mowed some grass, everything seemed ok. Gas tank was full. And then---it quit running! And, hasn't started since. Tried a new fuel filter-nada. Checked fuel pump--nothing, but pumps fuel. Hoses are good. Oil level full to mark. Tried it with gas cap off, and loose, and tight--nothing. Checked all electrical plugs i could see-all on and tight.

This machine is always parked outside with no cover over the louvers in the hood, which are in the sides, not the top.

The owner allows anybody in his family to use it, including his sons, daughters, and Grand-kids! They all live in a large wooded hilly area. The brakes on the tractor didn't work--all rusted and stuck in the off position. Any suggestions? I'm hoping somebody might have something that might help. by: Rusty J.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor