SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoe_hoe_hoe

MY variegated AV is reblooming!

hoe_hoe_hoe
18 years ago

"So What?" you might be asking.

Well, let me explain....

I found this AV at Lowes and I have NEVER BEFORE or SINCE seen a variegated AV at a big box store. This one was in amongst the plain leaf varieties and was not being specially marketed. I suspect it is a random mutation that went unnoticed. I suppose a known variegated type could have gotten mislabeled, but I seriously doubt the growers who are into the mass production of these things for the likes of Lowes even bother with growing those oddities.

Its got gorgeous flowers and I can't believe its reblooming for me several months after bringing it home. I should explain that I tend to see cheap AVs at the big box store in bloom, bring them home and mistreat them. Its sad, but I guess at a price of less than $2 a piece I've sort of treated them as disposables. Sure, I've kept many an AV "alive" for over a year, but I've never babied them, I've always allowed them to dry out, never fertilized them and I rarely see even a random bud after the initial blooms are gone. So, I'm a little shocked that this one has put out such a lively display of BIG, BOLD flowers. I guess I'll owe the little guy some extra special attention going forward....

What do you think?

Image link:

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville