SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ralphdean

dumpster diving

ralphdean
16 years ago

I admit it, although it is a bit embarrassing, I have been known to peak in a dumpster or two. OK, ok, I sometimes do more than peak. I have found a dumpster that someone related to a bakery is using. Now mind you, there are no bakeries in the complex that I work in, but there must be. Maybe it is a magic bakery... for non muggles.

Anyway, loaves of expired bread will show up there, sometimes, and, if I see them during my random walk to that specific dumpster, I will grab them after work for my compost. A neighborhood raccoon seems to like the blueberry muffins, but that is a different story.

There is a lot of competition among dumpster divers in the area. A recycling yard is down the street and this business park gets most of it's paper, cardboard, and metal grabbed by all sorts of characters who push carts, drive beat up trucks or ride bikes pulling trailers. Fortunately for me they all seem to miss the good stuff.

The bakery must be experimenting with banana bread cause I found a couple of bags of banana peals in there this morning. My worms are going to eat tonight!

My wife does not like to commute with me, I wonder why.

Comments (5)