SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phylrae

Amusing neighbors/garden story :0)

phylrae
14 years ago

Hope this makes some of you guys laugh a little like I did.

My husband and I try to be very polite & friendly with our neighbors. We're the ones who had our neighbor BEHIND us ask us one year to NOT water our roses so often, because they thought it might make their backyard too wet (huh?-no way it could happen) & last year the wife started screaming at my husband for spraying fungicide on our roses (very unfriendly, hostile).

Our NEXTDOOR neighbor, over the years, has also always found SOMETHING to complain about....either one of our cats peed in her front garden (I understand that-so the cat is now quaranteened to our deck!), or she knocks on our door to ask us to have a friend move their car away from the front of their house (even though it's a public street & people have to do this sometimes).

We've complied every time...apologized etc.

Last week, there was a knock on the front door....it was this lady AGAIN. She said "I want to show you something...."I think one of your >^..^We get there and find this "cat vomit" she is describing. LOL And you probably can imagine what it REALLY was-a pile of that yellow protista growth on their mulch....otherwise known as "Dog vomit slime" or "Scrambled eggs slime"...if you Google it, you'll know what I'm talking about. I told her it was some kind of fungus or something (couldn't remember the name) & she was so embarrassed. I got the info to her and told her that bleach wouldn't kill it....and that SOMETIMES it will break open and kind of "bleed" this red liquid. Uggh!

I have brought them bouquets once in awhile and we try to be friendly otherwise. The lady behind us, well....she won't say hello, ever...so I don't bother anymore!

Anyway, thought maybe a little comic relief would be helpful today!

:0) Phyl

Comments (4)