SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffcat_gw

Diagnosis for rose leaf symptoms?

jeffcat
14 years ago

I've had a few roses that are acting a bit peculiar. Evelyn was slow to start this year, but I moved her to a spot with more sun and she is doing better now. With that said, she has SOME leaves with white specks in the leaves. It's not ON the leaves, but part of the leaves. Initially, when I first saw it, I was worried about mosaic, but it doesn't appear to be that anymore. So what is the cause of the white spots? It's only on SOME of the leaves. I almost wonder if they are just older leaves and just losing pigmentation, but I'm not sure.

{{gwi:280990}}

{{gwi:280992}}

{{gwi:280993}}

And then another issue is Winchest Cathedral. This rose has been on and off in terms of vigor for me. Another one I was worried about with mosaic at 1st, but also doesn't appear to have mosaic. Is it chlorosis or could it just be due to the soil in the container being too moist for such a small rose(was planted as a band last year). Most of the leaves don't look like this, but WC tends to always have a few leaves that look like this and really has lacked vigor for me this year...probably could benefit from more sun. With that said, it's at least putting together one bloom, but there has been no new basals or really any new growth period.

{{gwi:280994}}

{{gwi:280995}}

Comments (3)