SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliska12000

Is anyone this crazy like me? Pushing zones Alberic Barbier

aliska12000
15 years ago

I'll update my RVR thread I started when my roses get here. A glitch. Last night I had been casually browsing through RVR looking for some kind of white climber and what to my wondering eyes should appear? Alberic Barbier, love at first sight. Another Paul Barden, just what I don't need. But it said wichuriana and hardy, the magic words.

I failed to look at the zone. 6. And I've been whining about my White Dawn.

So I substituted two bands of Alberic, what on earth I'm going to do with it I have no clue.

I did look on several websites, now some of this may be mixed up some, hmf said 5 to 9, one site said 4b to 9, ARE is out of stock (don't like theirs as well) Z5.

But then I read the fine print so to speak, and it needs winter protection; if grown in a pot needs winter protection. I doubt it'll get as huge as it is supposed to for me, but maybe if I put it close the house and cover the base, just maybe it will grow as a shrub if the canes die back too much for a climber.

Anybody have that one? I'd be interested in hearing your experience. It's kind of a Raggedy Ann look, but I love it!

Comments (11)