SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idgirl_gw

Something is wrong with my soil!

idgirl
13 years ago

Calling all Expert Gardeners!!!

Something is missing from my soil. I have had 2 previous seasons of gardening with this dirt and have had no major issues.

My potatoes all sprouted a month ago with bright green, misshapen, fern frond like growth. They are all a foot tall now and not a single leaf has opened. I can bend the leaves in half and hear an audible snap. They are very thick and moist. I dug one up and checked to see if there was any root growth, there was. I have been mounding as directed and not overwatering.

I noticed last evening that an adjacent egg plant and a tomatoe are exhibiting the same misshapen thick leaves on their new growth ( I purchased them as plants from the local farm supply store).

I have no obvious pests, or damage. The soil isn't saturated with water and they are getting ample sunlight.

I am starting to panic as I see this spreading over the whole garden. Does anyone out there have any suggestions? From what I can gather from various sources it may be a calcium deficiency or something similiar. Does my garden just need a does of Multi-Vitamins?

Any addvice will be much appreciated! Thank you. -Cami

Comments (12)