SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardner_want_to_be

Newbie continuing to learn lessons about wsing (pics)

gardner-want-to-be
16 years ago

Haven't been on the forum for the past month. My son and his family came from Okinawa and spent the month of July with me. He helped me so much--trimming trees, new roof and my barn storage building, planting large shrubs and trees that I hadn't been able to do--it was wonderful. And, of course, I had a wonderful time with my two grandkids, Emily - 14, and Bradley - 12.

I was origionally disappointed in some of my WS flowers because they are mostly green leaves growing--(I planted too many perennial and not enough annuals, but I will correct that next year and can't wait to see all my perennials in bloom.)

Here are a few pictures of my new beds, they look beautiful to me, even if there is not enough color yet.

{{gwi:337702}}

{{gwi:337703}}

{{gwi:337704}}

{{gwi:337705}}

{{gwi:337706}}

{{gwi:337708}}

{{gwi:337710}}

{{gwi:337711}}

This is one of my favorite flowers, I will plant many, many more next year. I also gave two of my friends lots for their yards...impatients do wonderful here and bloom so long--until the first frost!!! Next year I am going to try the balsum variety. Got to find some seeds to order.

{{gwi:337712}}

{{gwi:337713}}

I also love my hosta bed--I ordered these at the end of last year's growing season, and all but one came back up.

{{gwi:337714}}

And last, but not least are these two plants called Cat's Whiskers which I got when I went to a native plant class last year. I love them, and so do the butterfly's and humming birds.

{{gwi:337715}}

{{gwi:337717}}

I enjoy this forum so much, I can't wait until it cools off so I can work in my yard again. I have so much weeding, etc. that I need to do. I sure have enjoyed everybody's pictures--keep them coming!!! Also hope I have not taken up too much space and your time.

Jeane

Comments (10)

Sponsored