SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thunderbear_gw

Deere GT 235 w/ 51 hrs, reasonable price?

thunderbear
14 years ago

Found a local, private owner Deere GT 235 (48C deck) with 51 hours on the clock which I'll be checking out this weekend. I assume it is a 2005 model but need to verify that. Supposedly the only flaw in it is a crack in the hood, pretty common from what I understand.

The seller is looking for reasonable offers. I've checked Ebay completed items and that was little help, there was only one successful sale (@ around $1,250 I believe) and not sure how many hours on that unit. Machinefinder retail asking prices are all over the map -- there are a few listed under 2K and one north of 4k (good luck with that) and most appear to be in the $2,300 to $2,800 range --- but of course these are retail store prices and one would expect them to be higher.

Assuming the unit checks out as described, I'm thinking $2K as a reasonable price to pay. The seller originally had it listed around $2,800 but must have had no takers.

BTW, my 10-year-old Broadmoor still cuts beautifully (when it's electrical gremlins don't bite me) and it's steel hood is good as new, but I'm looking to add a garden tractor to run a tiller -- and am hoping to find a used 30" JD mechanical tiller at a decent price. Previous posts have indicated very favorable experiences with the GT 235 and its brethren in this series.

Any ideas on a fair price will be most appreciated!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
EasyHeat
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Easy-to-Install, Reliable Heating Products in North America