SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pscdouglas

B&S 287707-1224 14.5 I/C OHV Wont run when hot

pscdouglas
10 years ago

Greetings all,

I am not a frequent browser here, but am a gardener and live close to the land. Looking forward to some good discussions with you all.

My current problem is with my mower. It was a hand me down from a neighbor for free so i couldn't resist. It has no badgeing for the actual machine but the engine is as described in the subject. I can get it started and it will run well and cut for about 10 minutes or so and then it gets rough and cuts out. It has the walbro LMT carb on it, which I have disassembled and cleaned twice. Float is good needle and seat are good. bowl gasket good. anti backfire solenoid seems to be doing its job, no problems with it and it has a good electrical contact. Spark plug is correct and good, showing signs of proper combustion and still fires strong after it dies after warmup. Valves have been adjusted to 0.004/0.006" int/exh and engine was drained and filled with new oil. New gas thru new filter and new line. Gas cap functioning properly. I am totally stumped. The block shows no leaks or excess oil consumption and the engine doesn't knock or run too fast. The cooling fins and shrouds are all in good shape and clear of cooked critters and grass clippings. I just cant seem to figure it out. Any help or experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions