SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kentstar_gw

Why is my rose still wilting?

15 years ago

This is my newly planted ( planted on 5/14, 5 days ago) Ramblin' Red rose. It came from a reputable source High Country Roses in a quart size container. Now, I know, I planted right out in the garden, which many would not condone that action, but I thought ownroot potted roses COULD be planted right away. I used my own soil, bagged and COMPOSTED manure from my good local nursery, NOT a big box store, and peatmoss, with a small amout (a handfull) of greensand and bonemeal tossed in and mixed well to amend the soil. I keep well watered. No competition yet from any other roots. I have kept an overturned and propped up pot over it for a few days, and still it looks very weak! What am I doing wrong? Or do Kordesii explorers in pots usually look this way? I was going to water in the morning, but I'm not sure now if I should. I went outside and checked on the moisture amount. The soil is nice and moist down to about 8 inches or so. I picked up a handful of soil and sniffed, no smell at all. Good. So why are they looking so weak? Maybe the ups and downs in the weather here?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to lose this hardy, disease resistant, and beautiful climbing rose! Heres a couple of picks of the situation:

{{gwi:276996}}

{{gwi:276998}}

Comments (24)