SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drippy_gw

Fear of Flying

14 years ago

Looking for some resource help - or good tips - from any of you on this. I can't afford seminars right now, and would like to avoid drugs if possible (but I am actually considering asking a doctor for a sedative).

I actually worked myself close to a panic yesterday MAKING RESERVATIONS for a flight in December. !!!! My better self says "What's with that?" I've had a fear of flying much of my adult life, and although it hasn't stopped me from getting on a plane, I have to "drive" it along with the pilot the entire time I'm on it. I know it's probably compounded by the fact that I've been accident-prone lately - note that both the car accident in July and the walking/falling accident last week were both ON THE GROUND.

Common sense isn't helping, I'm afraid. I have to fly in small planes (like 13 rows of seats) from my home to connecting airport, and I worry about weather, ice in particular. Fear of crashing is definitely the underlying thing with me - and moreso the fear of pain and the fear of fear itself being my last thought(s) than fear of dying, even.

My last flight of length, in 2007 to the UK was without a hitch, and as good as it gets in terms of smoothness. As it was about 8 hours in the air, it would have been nice if I could have sat back and enjoyed it or concentrated on the book I was supposedly reading, instead of worrying the whole way and arriving rattled.

My web surfing hasn't turned up much of use. Any suggestions?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm