SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anicee_gw

5'4' two inches too short!!!

anicee
11 years ago

Here it is..I bought my very first riding mower a Yardworks 16.5hp, 42" deck and it works beautifully, very happy with it but there's a 'little something'. Since I acquired the beast in question, my friend has been doing my lawn and has been enjoying doing it because on top of doing all the lawn that needs to be done, he has started mowing in the field. He just loves being on it and doing this kind of job. Problem is...this friend will be soon leaving and I'll be the one doing the work.

For the first time yesterday I tried it in the driveway and noticed I couldn't bring the brake pedal all the way down so my friend adjusted the seat for me and still I can't bring the brake pedal down all the way. What I have to do is sit at the edge of my seat in order to extend my leg long enough to bring the pedal down and when I do this, the motor shuts off..security device because the seat goes forward.

I was told this morning by a rep at Yardworks that they build 8 different models..TroyBild and others and the seats are designed for people 5'6" and taller. It will be uncomfortable for me to use it. I tried and everyone told me, including my friend, how much relaxing and nice it is just to ride on it, that I have a nice property and it's pleasant and I will absolutely love it. Not the case. I'm scared to go on it... I have slopes. I really need a riding mower because it's a 3 hour job (my friend) so probably more than 4 for me.

I would need those platform shoes that used to be in fashion in the late 70's. Do you think by strapping a piece of wood on the brake pedal would work?

Thanks,

Anicee

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions