SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andyt38

Need advice how to remove a tree

AndyT38
10 years ago

Hi, I'm not knowledgeable on gardening but I have a problem and need some advice.

There is a tree at the back of my house that is causing a problem in that the roots are breaking and pushing up the flags. I don't know what type of tree it is but I've googled tree images and the closest I can find is that it looks similar to a Juniper tree, it's probably about 20 foot tall. It is only about 5 foot away from the house so my concern is not only the damage to the flags but that it may eventually cause damage to the house. It's also not that far from the neighbours so eventually it's going to damage their flags aswell.

So, I want to remove the tree. I don't have a chainsaw or anything and wouldn't be able to get the tree taken away anyway as there is no access to the back garden.

If I was to pour petrol over it and burn it, would this suffice or would I still be left with just a burnt tree? Or is there perhaps a product that I could buy that would destroy and dissolve the tree away? I need a suggestion that is not going to cost much as finances are not great right now.

Comments (16)