SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buellboy_gw

Deere 425 AWS starting and cooling problems

buellboy
13 years ago

( Sorry if this post is a DUPLICATE- I tried to post this before and never saw it! Oddly if I search the postings by my username it comes back blank, and there is no button that says SEE MY POSTS. )

My 425 starting acting up at about 1100 hours. I just did the FULL service on it- fluids and filters. I didn't change the plugs yet- I'm not sure what it needs. It ran fine after the service for about 40 hours.

The first problem may NOT be a problem, but it seems odd. I can't keep the radiator or overflow tank full, or in the range I'd expect them to be.

They dont leak- I can fill them and check the next day and they are still full. But after mowing the overflow is empty and the radiator is down like 2 in. The tempo gauge stays well in the green - it seems to run cool. But it seems odd that I cant keep the levels up. After running there is a cup or so of coolant by the left front tire.

and the other problem...

Anyhow it starting quitting very suddenly, hot or cold, then its very hard to start. Today I started it cold, and tried to back it into the garage. It started INSTANTLY. I left the choke on like 1/2 as it likes that for the first 5 min or so.

Anyhow I started backing and died without sputter, after running like 20 seconds. I cranked and cranked- it would not start at all. I could not smell gas.

I noticed that when it gets in *this mode* the best thing to do is to turn the key like 2 seconds and release. It won't start if the key is turned, but *eventually* it will *catch* when its spinning, and they key is released, and sputter back to life (with 10 seconds of smoke) if they key is released.

Where is this timing relay located? ON that circuit board?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH
More Discussions