SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
markwisz

John deere 425 pto problems

markwisz
13 years ago

Today I was cutting my yard,and my mower quit.I never hit anything,I was just on a flat piece of yard.The pto light was still on but no mower.I shut the pto off and proceeded to the shop to see what was wrong.Once at the shop I engaged the pto once again.The light came on,but the pto didn't engage.I turned around to look at the back of the tractor,and nothing but smoke coming from the 2 wires that go into the back of the rear end.I then looked under the deck and turned the blades by hand,all 3 blades turn and the pto shaft turns as well,so nothing appears to be jammed.Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this to happen,and how I can fix it?It is a 1996 with 1320 hrs on the dial,I am the 2nd owner,the first owner being my father,we both have serviced and maintained the tractor faithfully.This is really the first major problem either of us have had with it. Hopfully someone might have an idea how to fix it,as I have 3.5 acres of grass to cut on my property and I only have 1/2 an acre done lol.

Comments (18)

Sponsored