SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
s10sleeper

Soil Ph, nitrogen, phosphorous and potash levels

s10sleeper
11 years ago

I decided to test my soil levels in my lawn I have been trying to establish. In testing the soil I found that my pH level was about 7.0, Nitrogen levels extremely high, Phosphorous very low and Potash medium.

As I recall, phosphorous is necessary for root development and vital for starting a lawn from seed. If this is correct, I wonder if this is the reason my lawn is so patchy. I used to have an issue with bindweed, but have been able to get it maintained by treating it last fall and now whenever I see one starting just paint the leaves with a little roundup. Those areas of grass that do die from that I don't worry so much about, it is the areas that do not grow in at all I am concerned about. The only phosphorous supplement available around here is bone meal, I used to be able to find super phosphorous but it is impossible to find. Is this the cause of my problems growing grass? Also, I have alot of clay in the soil and so have also been trying to work in some compost and peat moss which has made the soil a little loamier.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville